Grandparents near and far should be celebrated daily, but if you need an excuse? Grandparents Day is Sept. 11! It's the perfect day for the kids to show their grandparents how much they love them.
Here are 10 sweet ideas on how your kids can show their love to grandma and grandpa on Grandparents Day:
1. Have the grandchildren make a special card to tell them how much they are loved.
czarny_bez via Canva
2. Visit your grandparents and bring them a special treat. Better yet, bake it together!
3. Plan a lunch or dinner with your grandparents and reminisce over the family photo albums or old videos.
4. Read a good book together! Whether it's a childhood book or a new one, make more memories together.
FatCamera via Canva
5. Take a walk, ride bikes, play tennis ... or whatever your grandparents like to do! Record the memories of the day with pictures and videos that can be revisited over time.
6. Live far away? Set up a Zoom or FaceTime call. Call them and share pictures and past conversations enjoying family memories.
tonefotografia via Canva
7. Cook a meal together. Have the kids help, plan, and prep a meal for grandma and grandpa. Deliver it to their house or invite the whole family over to enjoy the meal together!
8. Play their favorite board game or card game.
Comstock Images via Canva
9. Create a craft project, such as a scrapbook, together. Or decorate a picture frame and add a family photo for a keepsake memory.
10. Think about others! Make cards for a senior home or even visit if allowed. You will make a grandparent's day ... even if they're not your grandparents!
Barabasa via Canva
No matter what you decide to do in honor of National Grandparents Day, simply recognizing their important place in your lives will mean the world to them!
Veronica Leon is the publisher of Macaroni KID North Scottsdale, Az.