Jupiter Medical Center offers a wide array of Pediatric Therapy Services for children from birth to 18 years of age. Our pediatric therapy program includes both inpatient services, which are offered in-hospital, as well as outpatient care available at the hospital’s main campus. Our speech-language pathologists and occupational and physical therapists provide specialized treatment in a family-centered environment. Each program is individualized to each child’s challenge.
Types of Pediatric Therapy offered at Jupiter Medical Center:
- Physical Therapy to treat children with developmental delays, neurologic and orthopedic concerns. Traditional and aquatic therapies are available.
- Occupational Therapy to treat children who have fine motor developmental delays, sensory processing problems, and difficulty with self-care skills. The “Handwriting Without Tears Program” is also available.
- Speech-Language Therapy to treat children whose communication, oral motor, or feeding and swallowing abilities are delayed or developing differently than what is typical for children.
- Feeding and Swallowing Therapy to treat children with feeding and/or swallowing disorders providing a comprehensive family-centered approach to assess and treat children in the area’s only program of its kind.
- Aquatic Therapy provides a relaxing medium to add variety to a child’s therapy and can be helpful in treating some diagnoses.
- Pediatric Pelvic Health Rehabilitation to treat children working through congenital or acquired bowel and bladder dysfunction.
Our therapists are specially trained in the treatment of:
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Autism/Pervasive Developmental Delays
- Brain Injury
- Chromosomal and Genetic Syndromes
- Language Learning Disabilities
- Neurological Disorders
- Oral Motor Dysfunctions
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Prematurity/High-Risk Effects
- Sensory Processing and Swallowing Disorders
- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
- Verbal Communications
What to Expect and How to Schedule an Initial Evaluation
Your child’s first visit to Pediatric Therapy will last approximately one hour. During this time, we will get to know you and your child, as well as learn about his or her specific needs. The therapist will complete a formal evaluation and prepare a treatment plan with you.
In order to schedule a physical, occupational, or speech-language evaluation, you must first obtain a prescription from your child’s physician. Then call our scheduling department at (561) 263-5775. Please have your insurance information available when you make the call. Your child will be scheduled for an evaluation at the first available appointment time.