Looking for fun ways to keep the kids busy and entertained? Consider a day trip to one of these must-see locations in Florida! And, before you go, make sure you check out the Macaroni KID calendar for each area to catch any must-see special events - just go to https://national.macaronikid.com/ and select Florida from the drop-down menu and then city or area!
Due to Covid-19, please be sure to check businesses are open and confirm hours, requirements, etc. Also, please evaluate your family's health carefully before attending. And please follow all mask and social distancing requirements when attending any in-person event.
|Northern Palm Beach County|
1. Check out the Discovery Room and the Planetarium at the Cox Science Center and Aquarium for a fun family day in West Palm Beach.
2. Meet the animals and more at the Palm Beach Zoo in West Palm Beach.
3. Catch a story time at Busch Wildlife Center in Jupiter.
4. Go bowling with the entire family at Bowlero in Jupiter.
5. Learn about gardening at the Unbelievable Acres Botanical Garden in West Palm Beach.
6. Play at the beach that seems like it was made for kids at Dubois Park in Jupiter.
7. Learn about ecosystems at Grassy Waters Preserve in West Palm Beach.
8. Play in the fountains and stay for lunch at Harbourside Place in Jupiter.
9. Try to hit a hole in one at Lighthouse Cove Adventure Golf in Jupiter or Abacoa.
10. Take a guided trip of the Loxahatchee River with Canoe Outfitters of Florida in Jupiter.
11. Climb the lighthouse at Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse Museum in Jupiter.
12. Catch a baseball game at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter.
13. See a live production at Maltz Jupiter Theater in Jupiter.
14. Watch a drag race and ride go-carts (for older kids) at Palm Beach International Raceway in Jupiter.
15. Learn how to scuba dive at the Jupiter Dive Center in Jupiter.
16. Kayak with sea turtles at Jupiter Outdoor Center in Jupiter.
17. Enjoy a massive inflatable floating playground and wake park at Shark Wake Aqua Park in West Palm Beach.
18. Visit the turtles (and even adopt one!) at Loggerhead Marinelife Center in Juno Beach.
19. Ride the Brightline Train with stops in West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami.
20. Visit a local farm to spend the day with some animals.
21. Stay Cool by visiting local splash pads, spraygrounds, pools, and more.
22. Ride the train at Downtown at the Gardens.
23. Take the family to a Farmers' Market or Green Market.
24. Enjoy the waterslides and make a splash at Rapids Waterpark in West Palm Beach.
25. Go on a nature walk at MacArthur Beach State Park.
26. Visit Launch in West Palm Beach for some trampoline fun.
27. Take a Water Taxi to Peanut Island to check the beach and JFK's bunker.
28. Go on a guided snorkeling tour at the Singer Island Outdoor Center in Riviera Beach.
29. Ride the Diva Duck Boat tours in West Palm Beach.
30. Enjoy the playground and a meal at the Burger Shack at Lighthouse Cove Adventure Golf. Plus, every Tuesday, the kid's menu is $2 off all day with the purchase of a full-priced adult meal in Jupiter.
31. Visit an all-inclusive play place at We Rock the Spectrum in Tequesta.
32. See manatees at the Manatee Lagoon FPL Eco-Discovery Center.
33. Step back in time and take a walking tour at the Historical Society of Palm Beach County in WPB.
34. Take a trolley tour throughout Downtown West Palm Beach with Molly's Trolleys.
35. Get creative at Armory Art Center in WPB.
36. Go ice skating at Palm Beach Ice Works in West Palm Beach.
37. Enjoy the art collections and try a class at Norton Museum of Art in West Palm Beach.
38. Watch a live performance at the Kravis Center in West Palm Beach.
39. Enjoy an evening cruise on Palm Beach Eco Tours in West Palm Beach.
40. Escape from a trapped room at West Palm Beach Escape Rooms.
41. Enjoy a DIY wood and paint workshop at Hammer and Stain in Jupiter.
42. Unleash yourself and relieve your stress while you smash your heart out at Palm Beach's largest rage room for all ages at Smash and Grab in Riviera Beach.
43. Let your children scientists done lab coats and protective glasses while making different slime recipes at The Slime Factory in Wellington.
44. Enjoy some friendly competition at the Drive Shack in West Palm Beach.
45. Pick a piece, paint it, and they'll fire it at The Fired Station in Wellington.
46. Check out the Sky Rider coaster, Ropes Course, Tubes Indoor Playground, trampolines, and more at Urban Air Adventure Park in Wellington.
47. Visit rescued and rehabilitating native animals at McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary in West Palm Beach.
48. Explore Palm Beach County's largest and oldest botanical garden at Mounts Botanical Garden in West Palm Beach.
49. Visit the Children's Library at the Society of The Four Arts in Palm Beach.
50. Learn about history at the Flagler Museum in Palm Beach.
51. Take a walk through history at Yesteryear Village in West Palm Beach.
52. Walk a nature trail at Okeeheelee Park in West Palm Beach.
53. Have your own adventure at Lion Country Safari in Loxahatchee.
54. Ride down the lazy river or the kiddie pools at Calypso Bay Waterpark in Royal Palm Beach.
55. Create some pottery at Craft Haus in Palm Beach Gardens.
|Southern Palm Beach County|
56. Engage, interact, and learn at Schoolhouse Children's Museum and Learning Center in Boynton Beach.
57. Learn about marine and freshwater life at Sandoway House Nature Center in Delray Beach.
58. Explore Japanese cultural experiences at Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach.
59. Watch candy production and pick up a treat at Hoffman's Chocolate Factory in Lake Worth.
60. Get your pulse racing and escape at the Master Escape Room in Boca Raton.
61. See an exhibit at the Boca Raton Children's Museum in Boca Raton.
62. See sea turtles, sharks, butterflies, and other wildlife at the Gumbo Limbo.
63. Visit the Nature Center in Boca Raton.
64. Enjoy the many activities offered at Sugar Sand Park in Boca Raton.
65. Go exploring at Red Reef Park in Boca Raton.
66. Spend the day playing classic pinball and arcade games at the Silverball Museum in Delray Beach.
67. Check out over 80 species of life at Butterfly World in Coconut Creek.
68. Visit Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield Beach.
69. Play arcade games at the WOW Factory in Ft. Lauderdale.
70. Tour the Everglades on an airboat with Loxahatchee Everglades Tours in Parkland.
71. Learn about the Everglades ecosystem or take an airboat ride at the Sawgrass Recreation Park in Weston.
72. Have a play date exploring the Young at Art Children's Museum in Davie.
73. Go star-gazing at the Buehler Planetarium and Observatory in Davie.
74. Watch a live alligator presentation on an airboat tour at Everglades Holiday Park (Home of the Gator Boys Alligator Rescue) in Fort Lauderdale.
75. Enjoy the ultimate movie experience watching the huge 60-ft. x 80-ft. screen at the AutoNation IMAX Theater in Fort Lauderdale.
76. Bring the entire family to explore the Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort Lauderdale.
77. Search for treasure while cruising the Fort Lauderdale Waterway at the Bluefoot Pirate Adventures in Fort Lauderdale.
78. Go jumping at Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline in Ft. Lauderdale.
79. Take a sight-seeing Jungle Queen tour in Ft. Lauderdale.
80. See wildlife at Flamingo Gardens in Ft. Lauderdale.
81. Get the ultimate thrill at Xtreme Action Park in Ft. Lauderdale.
82. Learn about wildlife at Billie Swamp Safari
83. Discover exotic birds at the Parrot Island Sanctuary in Miami.
84. Explore wildlife at Monkey Jungle in Miami.
85. Visit killer whales at Miami Seaquarium in Miami.
86. Travel south for big fun at the Miami Zoo in Miami.
87. Go swimming with dolphins at Dolphin World in Miami.
88. Marvel at the architectural wonder, Coral Castle in Miami.
89. Take a guided family tour of Vizcaya Museum and Gardens in Miami.
90. Visit the Gold Coast Railroad Museum.
91. Swim at Venetian Pool in Coral Cables.
92. See gators at Everglades Alligator Farm in Homestead.
93. Travel to John Pennekamp in the Florida Keys.
94. Explore science at the Frost Museum of Science in Miami.
95. Visit FunDimension for a day of fun for all with video games, laser tag, bumper cars, and a 7-D theater in Miami.
96. Get hands-on with primates and interact with other wildlife at the Zoological Wildlife Foundation in Miami.
97. Go to the Children's Museum - Spend the day having a picnic in the adjacent park and cool off in the fountains.
98. Feed stingrays at the Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center.
99. Have a waterpark adventure at Sailfish Splash in Stuart.
|St. Lucie/Indian County|
100. Learn about ecology and horticulture at Heathcote Botanical Garden in Ft. Pierce.
101. See animals at the Brevard Zoo in Melbourne.
102. Go on a hike at Oxbow Eco-Center in Port Saint Lucie.
103. See the Smithsonian Marine Ecosystem Exhibit at Saint Lucie County Aquarium.
104. See animals at the Brevard Zoo in Melbourne.
105. Go on a St. Lucie River cruise with the family in PSL.
106. Shop for the latest fashions at St. Lucie River's Riverwalk Boardwalk
107. Explore The Children's Museum of the Treasure Coast in Jensen Beach.
108. Learn baseball history at the Elliott Museum Baseball Gallery in Stuart.
109. See a live performance of Cirque du Soleil.
110. Discover the magic of color at the Crayola Center.
111. Swim with dolphins at Discovery Cove.
112. Try out the menu at Disney Springs.
113. Meet Mickey Mouse and enjoy rides at Disney World Parks.
114. Have an interactive animal encounter at Exotic Animal Experience.
115. Camp out at Fort Wilderness Resort.
116. Have a blast on rides and water park attractions at LEGOLAND Florida.
117. See a wax figure at Madame Tussauds Museum.
118. Get a bird's eye view of the city on the Orlando EYE.
119. Learn about science at the Orlando Science Center.
120. Enjoy a round of golf at Pirate's Cove Minigolf.
121. Check out interesting facts and replicas at Ripley's Believe It Or Not.
122. See a killer whale at Seaworld Parks.
123. Go on thrill rides at Universal Studios Parks.
124. Enjoy the nightlife and shopping at Universal's City Walk.
125. See hands-on exhibits at WonderWorks.
126. Enjoy creative fun at Crayola Experience.
|Worth the Drive|
127. See mermaids at Weeki Wachee Springs in Hernando County.
128. Visit the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral.
129. Enjoy secluded and beautiful beaches at Cape Canaveral National Seashore.
130. Immerse yourself in history in St. Augustine.
We always recommend confirming details before visiting.
Macaroni KID Palm Beach Gardens-Jupiter is a free hyper-local weekly calendar and website focused on helping local families find your family fun. With a focus on fun family events and activities for kids of all ages to enjoy in the Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter area. We are your go-to for all things kids in the Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter area. For more guides and articles like this delivered to your inbox once a week, please sign up here.